Job Title: Wedding & Special Event Coordinator, EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 5/2021
Reports to: Conference Director, EPC
Leadership Position: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving 150,000 guests annually. The Conference/Wedding Coordinator is responsible for organizing aspects of an event including weddings and group events. This position will book accommodations and event function space, take tours and assist the guest with negotiation of pricing. This position is the liaison between the guest and other departments to set up a wedding and will enter all information into the proper software for catering and billing purposes.? This position will work closely with the catering staff in Food Service and all departments to insure excellent results for the guest.? In addition, this position will assist guests in conference groups and family reunions by providing information, assistance and knowledge to ensure all conference services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
Pay Range: $15.00/hour-$16.00/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Coordinate the planning of an event/wedding as the liaison between various departments needed to implement wedding and special events.
- Accountable for the accuracy of information gathered and entered into reservation system for weddings and special events. This includes but is not limited to arrangement of site tours, ceremony & reception venues, lodging, meals and billing as defined by contract.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal skills (spoken & written communication with ability to build strong relationships with guests and work colleagues.
- Conducts site tours that are essential to this position, therefore you must be 21 years of age to transport our guests, have a valid U.S. state issued driver’s license, a driving record in good standing with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Manage details of the event using shared software with the sales, catering and conference and billing teams. Proficiency with ACT software to revise group contracts/
- Keep records on contracts and bookings with past due deposits, and collecting these deposits and booking fees.
- Manage the online wedding presence.
- Manage the details on the day of the event.
- Become an active member of EPWA (Estes Park Wedding Association.)
- Be able to work varied work schedule consisting of evenings and holidays. Will be required to work weekends.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in conference-related services, or at least one year’s experience in a related field.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
- Demonstrates impeccable guest relations abilities, identifying opportunities to provide "Wow" service that will exceed expectations.
- Works well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment, developing an effective organizational system to pick up where you left of with tasks.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to be highly productive while working independently.
- Train and mentor a summer conference/event assistant.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Upholds and reflects the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Upholds the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possesses and demonstrates excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Supports the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.