Wedding & Special Events Associate - Seasonal, Starting April 1, 2018 - (Room & Board Included!)
DATES: This is a seasonal position starting on April 1st, 2018.
To effectively communicate and negotiate Snow Mountain Ranch services to meet the guests’ needs for their event in accordance with the purpose and objectives of YMCA of the Rockies.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Perform basic mathematics and algebra.
- Must be a team player and be knowledgeable and committed to the Association's policies and goals.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate logistical details.
- Have flexible working schedule to accommodate shifts including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must work within office environment and have the ability to operate office and audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to such things as computers, printers, computerized PBX systems, VCRs and audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to access all facilities to market Snow Mountain Ranch through site tours and presentations.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, managing weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluating. Assist other guests with coordination of conferences, special events/banquets/etc.
- Work under the supervision of the Special Events Coordinator to collect and process event-related information, and assist the guests by answering questions they might have about their contracts, lodging and special needs requests.
- Work with Front Office to check events in and out.
- Coordinate and present guest tours.
- Process event changes and cancellations.
- Act as a team player, learn functions of conference, conference services, and guest registration; assist in carrying out these functions with all groups staying at Snow Mountain Ranch as required.
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of guests throughout their stay.
- Act as a tactful liaison between guests, Conference staff, and other departments.
- Dress requirements: during special events, professional business attire is required. On other office days, staff shirts will be issued to be worn with casual business attire.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Special Events Associate (Room & Board Included!)
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal