Wedding and Special Events Coordinator
To effectively communicate and negotiate Snow Mountain Ranch services to meet a group's needs for their event in accordance with the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in business, hotel management or related field, or a minimum of one-year experience in the resort industry, public relations, sales or related.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematics and algebra.
- Possess excellent diplomatic, organizational, interpersonal and phone communication skills.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, managing weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluating.
- Assist guests with planning and processing banquet event orders
- Assist and manage conference contracts with pre-arrival planning
- Collect and process event related information, including such things as contractual and lodging questions and special needs requests.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Effectively work with Food Service Department to help coordinate/sell Snow Mountain Ranch catering.
- Work cooperatively with Front Office to check events in and out.
- Ability to multitask and accurately coordinate logistical details.
- Negotiate contracts and billing with guests.
- Act as a tactful liaison between guests, Conference staff, and other departments.
- Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
- Possess a valid, USA driver's license, good driving record and be approved to operate YMCA vehicles in order to transport guests on-property. (must be at least 21 with 3 years driving experience)
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of guests throughout their stay.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend, holiday and evening shifts.
- Ability to work within an office environment and operate office and audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to computers, printers, LCD projectors, and sound equipment.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds, walk up and down stairs, and stand for 1 hour or more at a time.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Complete all internal events and day group requests.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment. (including co-workers, supervisors, and other staff members)
- Coordinate and lead guest tours.
- Process event changes and cancellations.
- Oversee the hiring, training, discipline, and evaluation of the Weddings & Special Events Assistant position.
- Be a team player and learn functions of conference, conference services, and guest registration.
- Assist other groups as assigned during off-peak wedding season.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly paying $16.35/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Kathy Mead at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.
Wedding and Special Events Coordinator
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time