Wedding & Special Event Assistant - seasonal
Job Title: Wedding & Special Event Assistant, EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 03/2019
Reports to: Conference Director, EPC
Leadership Level: Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Wedding & Special Event Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Wedding & Special Events Coordinator and Conference Department with management of weddings, special events, conferences, family reunions and other group logistics. They will provide guests information, knowledge and support to ensure all Conference services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Accountable for the accuracy of information gathered and entered into reservation system for weddings and special events. This includes but is not limited to arrangement of site tours, ceremony & reception venues, lodging, meals and billing as defined by contract.
* Be the liaison between various departments needed to implement wedding and special events.
* Conducts site tours that are essential to this position, therefore you must be 21 years of age to
transport our guests, have a valid U.S. state issued driver’s license, a driving record in good standing with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
* Must have highly developed interpersonal skills (spoken & written communication with ability to build strong relationships with guests and work colleagues.
* Works well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment, developing an effective organizational system to pick up where you left of with tasks.
* Professional in appearance and presentation.
* Must be a self-starter with ability to be highly productive while working independently.
* Demonstrates impeccable guest relations abilities, identifying opportunities to provide "Wow" service that will exceed expectations.
* Must be available to work 40 hours per week which will include weekends and some holidays.
* Has minimum of one year of banquet, catering and/or food experience OR be a student with
focus in related industry.
* Develops proficiency with Maestro reservation system and ACT software to assist with wedding contract revisions.
* Must develop a comprehensive knowledge of Estes Park Center facilities and departments.
* Promotes cooperative collaboration with other Estes Park Center departments to meet the
* Assists groups as necessary when their assigned coordinator is not working or available.
* May be asked to provide phone reception for the Conference Office and assist the Conference Coordinators with tasks during idle times.
* Quality checks for billing accuracy.
* Creates event function sheets, floor plans and banquet orders.
* Ensure day of event logistics are handled such as prepping event spaces &placing signage.
* Must have basic computer knowledge and understanding of office equipment, phones and copiers, etc
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a work shift.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Seasonal