Wedding & Special Event Associate
Are you interested in working in the wedding industry? This is an excellent entry-level position that will provide significant on-the-job training for the right candidate. Our last three Weddings & Special Events Associates have all secured full-time benefited positions in the wedding and special events industry after their time with us ended!
The Weddings & Special Events Associate works closely with the Weddings Coordinator and the Guest Services team to coordinate all weddings and special events during the Snow Mountain Ranch wedding season. Associate will communicate available services to prospective clients, lean on-site tours, coordinate booking and delivery of services, assist with selling, scheduling and delivering catering, and administer day-of-services to wedding and special events clients.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, managing weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluation.
- Assist other guests with coordination of conferences, special events/banquets/etc.
- Work with the Weddings Coordinator to collect and process event-related information, and assist the guests by answering questions they have about their contracts, lodging and special needs requests.
- Work with Front Desk to check guests and event booking in and out.
- Coordinate and present guest tours. Process event changes and cancellations.
- Act as a team player, learn functions of conference, conference services, and guest registration, assist in carrying out these functions with all groups staying at Snow Mountain Ranch as required.
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of guests throughout their stay.
- Act as a tactful liaison between guests, Conference staff, and other departments.
- Be able to stay for the Snow Mountain Ranch 2022 wedding season, from approximately May 23 to October 16.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Perform basic mathematics in order to process invoices and accept payment.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate logistical details.
- Have flexible work schedule to accommodate shifts including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must be able to function in a busy office environment, and be able to learn to operate basic office and audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to reservation software, PA systems, LCD projectors, and switchboard systems.
- Assist with marketing Snow Mountain Ranch through site tours and presentations.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, climb ladders, move tables and chairs, and carry equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations including a wide range of weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.