REPORTS TO: Chaplain
To support the office of the Chaplain by coordinating and leading worship experiences, and worship teams as well as providing leadership for other religious and spiritual life activities at Snow Mountain Ranch. NOTE: Be prepared to send in a DVD video of you leading worship and performing your musical skill.
- A minimum of two years higher education completed or its equivalent in experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have driver's license and be in good standing
- Previous experience leading worship gatherings.
- Ability to play guitar or keyboard and sing.
- Plan and implement staff religious activities here at SMR and events that are held away from Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Sound tech experience helpful.
- Good telephone communication skills.
- Outgoing personality and representative of the Chaplain and Spiritual Programs.
- Ability to speak before a group.
- Flexible to deal with a variety of circumstances and challenges.
- Operate computer with Microsoft office.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintaining a positive Christian Attitude and Lifestyle.
- Provide leadership as needed for our TREK program.
- Act as receptionist and secretary at the Chaplain's Office.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the Chapel, RAC and Chaplain's Office.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Open working with all persons of all faiths and nationalities.
- Enjoys working with persons. Demonstrating Christian compassion and support.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to complete duties assigned on a priority basis and to be accountable for your work ("autograph your work with excellence")
- Able to instruct and provide delegation of duties to other staff working in the Chaplain's dept.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a volunteer position with additional employee perks, including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTION? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.