Our two centers are located on both the eastern and western slope of the Continental Divide. Estes Park Center lives on the eastern slope and is only an hour from Boulder and 1.5 hours from Denver. Snow Mountain Ranch is located on the western side and resides in a more remote area known as the Fraser Valley, near Winter Park.
We offer 2 to 8 month work agreements for short-term and seasonal positions. We also offer volunteer opportunities and gap year programs. We are hiring now and for every season across all departments. We will contact you soon to help get your adventure started.
General YMCA of the Rockies Employee
There will be the possibility to work in one of our departments based on the need. These departments may include: Conference Office, Conference Services, Front Desk, Gift Shop/General Store, Maintenance, Programs, Food Service, and Housekeeping. Daily tasks may include: working in any of the departments listed above.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Be 21 years of age
* Be able to lift 50 pounds or more up and down stairs and walk without tiring at an altitude of 8000 feet
* Have great computer skills, great writing and speaking skills, outstanding guest service skills and a great attitude
* Training and working in every facet of Guest Services including Conference Office, Conference Services, Food Service, and Housekeeping and other tasks as assigned by your manager.
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE All of our departments do spend some of their time working in our Housekeeping department based on business needs. This would consist of cleaning guest rooms and cabins as well as maid service and maintaining common areas.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Three uniform shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe solid color sneakers/shoes and solid colored slacks or jeans that are in good professional condition. Sweatpants, jeans, shorts or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $12.32/hr. with employee perks including:
* Discounted Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi)
* Discounted Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
o 20% Discount at our café’s and gift shops.
o Discounts at local merchants.
o Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world, at nearly 900 acres in size. Snow Mountain Ranch is 5,200 acres in size. A dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience at both our locations, serving approximately 220, 000 guest annually.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com