OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Maintain operations for fast-paced alacarte restaurant
- Actively engage with guests to ensure high levels of service are being provided
- Ensure Organizations standards for preparation and presentation, health department regulations, and cleanliness for the Pine Room
- Train, schedule and supervise and lead up to 10 seasonal staff/volunteers
- Work holidays, weekends, morning or evening shifts.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English
- Work closely with all aspects of the Food Service areas to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Ability to step into various kitchen roles to support operations
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles both on and off the property
- Managerial experience in a high-volume Food Service Operation required
- Minimum of two years experience in high-volume foodservice operations
- Server or Banquet experience preferred
- Exceptional service skills
- ServSafe Certification or obtained within 3 months of hire
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Basic food preparation and sanitation knowledge
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of Food Service equipment
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrates excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Standing for long periods
- Working outside in all weather
- Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
- Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling, and bending
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs